Hi! My name is Trisha Martinez and I am a homeschool mom with twelve years of experience. I know firsthand the highs and lows of home education and am eager to share what I have learned with you! Our family has tried a variety of different home education methods, curriculums and learning adventures including classical method, unit studies, online learning, Charlotte Mason, roadschool and living books. I know that one-size does not fit all kids or families. You can learn more about our homeschool experiences through my blog and YouTube channel, Doing Life Deliberately. Let me help lighten your homeschool load this year by providing direction, support and encouragement.
Homeschool can be a daunting journey. Let me help you get started and guide you along the way!
In this season of COVID-19, many families are exploring homeschooling. Whether homeschool is your first or second choice, it is a big undertaking. But the ability to homeschool is a BLESSING. This is an opportunity to spend quality time with your kids and engage in their learning journeys. This is time where you can get to know each other better, invest in their gifts and talents, and prepare your children for the future. Homeschool is NOT about duplicating what they would do in a brick and mortar school setting. We are in an educational revolution. Public school leaders and teachers are being forced to think differently about education but do not have the ability to respond and adapt quickly to the changing times. You have the freedom through homeschool to employ teaching approaches not found in traditional school settings, provide a safe learning environment and impart your family values and beliefs.
YOU CAN DO THIS! It would be my joy to help you along navigate this adventure!
Homeschool Start-up consultation- $100
Getting started on your homeschool journey can be overwhelming! You are probably asking questions like, “Where do I begin? What curriculums are best for our family? How do I budget our time? What are the state laws where we live? How do I teach multiple ages at the same time?” Let me help simplify the process for you! A homeschool start-up consultation includes three hours of consultation, consisting of:
- a 30 minute phone or video call where I get to know you and your family’s personalities, needs, learning preferences, goals for the year, etc.
- a personalized homeschool report, which will include homeschool laws specific to your state, homeschool methods, curriculum options and recommended assessments
- a detailed checklist of items to consider as you prepare and plan for your homeschool, such as supplies, schedule and schoolroom setup
- a final 30 minute phone call where we will review the document together, giving you an opportunity to ask any questions you have
Homeschool Consulting Services- $30 per session
As a homeschool consultant, I will:
- meet with you for 30 minutes via video or phone, followed by an email with notes from our time together
- discuss curriculum challenges, learning difficulties, classroom dynamics, and additional resources needed
- provide reviews of curriculum
- supply tips on how to incorporate the arts and physical education into homeschooling
*discount available to monthly subscribers (4 meetings per month)
PLEASE NOTE: I am not a professional counselor, cannot diagnose learning disabilities and am not a legal advisor. However, if you suspect your child has learning challenges, I may be able to point you to available resources. All legal inquiries and questions regarding state requirements will be directed to HSLDA.
** payments to be made via PayPal prior to services rendered
**Please leave your comments and questions below- I look forward to hearing from you!
Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places.