The day began at 2:45…..AM!! By 3:20am Kevin and Kendra picked us up and we headed to the airport. We were joined by the rest of the team at the airport by 4:30am and by 6am, we were headed to Atlanta. Praise God! Our travel went very smoothly today- no hiccups whatsoever. It was really fun to watch Kelli and Ben see Belize from the plane for the first time.
The haven’t flown since they were young, and were gifted their “wings” by our first pilot.😊
Once we arrived in Belize, we jumped onto a small puddle jumper , 12 seat plane from Belize City and flew to Punta Gorda- the nearest city to the Belize Training Center.
The ride was a little bumpy upon take off and landing because of the high winds today, but at 4,000 ft, it’s a gorgeous view of the country.
We were greeted with smiles and hugs by Bob Farley at the airport, and after a quick lunch in Punta Gorda, we headed to the training center to unpack and prepare for the weekend’s pastor’s conference. We worked on teaching prep, gift bags, and cleaning.
Thank you to everyone who donated items for the trip! We are looking forward to showering those we encounter with God’s great love!
Today Joe and I, along with a team of 6 others, are heading back to the Toledo District in southern Belize. Last October we had the privilege of meeting and partnering in gospel ministry with Bob and Rhonda Farley, missionaries to Belize for over a decade. This region of Belize is the poorest of all the districts, with only 11 of 52 villages having access to electricity. The average worker in Belize makes less than $400 annually. And though the name of Jesus is familiar to Belizeans, their access to spiritual growth resources is very limited as their is no Bible college or seminary in the country to try pastors.
That’s where our mission comes in.
This week our team will be partnering with the Belize Training Center, which the Farley’s have established near Punta Gorda, to train and disciple pastors and their families. We will bring teaching, encouragement, and counseling in hopes of strengthening and encouraging the faith of our Belizean brothers and sisters in Christ.
Would you like to partner with us???
The thought of traveling overseas to serve others seems daunting to some. But every missionary, short term or long term, needs faithful partners in prayer:
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12
There is a very real spiritual battle going on for the souls of men. We need God to fight for us, in response to the prayers of His people.
If you take this calling to prayer and spreading the gospel seriously, would you please commit to partner with us in prayer?
- For health and safety- pray that God will keep us safe from harm in travel, protection from food borne illness or personal health issues that the team might have. I have a pretty severe cold at the moment.
- For our team to work in unity. Pray that we will communicate well, encourage one other, and bless one another.
- For language barriers- that we will be understood regardless of language and cultural differences. Pray that God will provide skilled translators and that what God wants to say to His children will be communicated clearly.
- For humility- that our hearts will be soft and open to where God’s Spirit is leading us, open to His conviction and His work. Pray that we will not be arrogant or rude, thinking we know it all, but that we will be eager to learn and serve.
- For us to be uncomfortable- that we will step out of our comfort zones to strike up conversations with nationals, make attempts to learn their languages, worship in a new or different way.
- For us to be a blessing- both to the Farley family and all the locals we encounter. Pray that our words will be matched with loving actions that draw others to Christ.
- For our families that we leave behind and entrust to the care of friends and family. Ask God to keep them safe and cover them with His presence. Pray that they would feel included in this process, even if they can’t be physically present with us.
Thank you for joining us in prayer!! What a blessing it is to walk this path with you. I look forward to paying pictures and updates as things ice forward.