This past fall, through the generosity of friends and family, Joe and I were blessed to travel to Belize and Mexico to evangelize and train pastors. While the back to back trips were very different, both were equally rewarding. While in Belize we spent time in local villages teaching individual groups of men, women and children. My personal responsibility was teaching women. It was an education for me as I learned that the women did not understand that they could read or study their Bibles (if the owned one) at home or meet with other women during the week for small group or Bible study. Through discussions with the women it became apparent that many feel that they cannot be saved because they have not yet been baptized or they are just not good enough. The grace available to them through Jesus’ death and resurrection is something they feel they must earn (ironic, right?). Clearly, solid doctrinal teaching is needed.
While we were in Mexico, our team from Harvest Community Church taught ministry couples at a regional conference. Over 200 people attended and were were able to encourage a weary group of gospel proclaimers, reminding them that God is at work in and through them. They, in turn, encouraged our hearts and sent us home filled with joy. It was a unique opportunity to bind with other leaders,pastors, and wives on our staff. We will always treasure that experience.
In just a few short weeks I will be headed back to Belize with a small team from our church. Once again our focus is teaching: teaching how to lead biblical worship, teaching women how to engage in a small group setting, teaching and encouraging youth to follow hard after Christ.
Would you consider praying with me as we anticipate our trip next month? Please pray:
- For our missionary partners, Bob, Rhonda, and Hannah, who tirelessly labor over a ministry that God is expanding beyond their capacity. Pray that they will be encouraged by the fruitfulness God is allowing them to experience.
- For God to raise up Belizeans to come alongside Bob and Rhonda and passionately serve the Lord by serving their brothers and sisters in Christ in various ways at the Belize Training Center.
- For all accreditation to go through so that the Belize Training Center can become the first fully functioning Bible college in the country.
- For God’s hand of protection over the Farley family as they seek to further God’s kingdom in Belize.
- For our team’s safety, unity, and spiritual growth as we travel next month, and for the families we leave behind.
- For God to direct our steps in what we should teach, when we should teach, and where we should teach.
Our entire team appreciates your prayer support as we anticipate the very good things God will do to glorify His name! Would you do me a favor? Comment below if you are committed to lifting up our team in prayer. It will be an encouragement to all of us.😉
Keep doing life deliberately!