Catch the latest family update as we prepare to move back into the RV and encounter a few hiccups.
Do your kids know how to fold and organize the laundry? Gideon learns another great life skill this week and we debate the necessity of folding underwear. Come join the fun!
Do you ever feel buried underneath a mountain of laundry that never seems to get smaller? In today’s video, I pass the baton of laundry knowledge to Gideon! Join us as we learn some essential life skills and cover all the laundry basics. We’ll even give you a FREE laundry checklist to get you on your way!
In the past year, more students have been educating at home than ever before. But is school-at-home the same as homeschooling? Talk to any veteran homeschool family and they will be very quick to tell you that the experience of virtually educating children from home is NOT the same as homeschooling your children. In today’s video, I help clarify the differences between a genuine … Read More
Looking for a quality online, self-paced homeschool curriculum that schedules, teaches, corrects and keeps records? We have the BEST curriculum for you. Watch our Monarch curriculum review!
Sometimes cleaning a room is not as easy as you might think! Izzy and I work together to deep clean her room and provide some clean with me inspiration for you!
Starting to think about next school year? Have you considered homeschooling? Let me share my TOP 5 reasons why YOU should consider homeschooling this year.
Homeschooling can be an extremely rewarding experience for the whole family. Learning, growing, exploring, struggling and achieving goals together has the potential to draw families into a closer knit unit than ever before. Due to the fallout of COVID-19, many are contemplating homeschool as a valid option for the first time ever. Regardless of your reasons for homeschooling this year, it can feel very overwhelming to get started! There are so many considerations:
- state laws
- homeschool methods
- multiple age levels and grade levels
- setting up a school room/study area
- supplies needed
- curriculum options
- scheduling the day
- tracking progress
- learning styles
- keeping infants and toddlers engaged while teaching
- finding local communities to plug into
- keeping things fun!
It can be a struggle to know where to begin, but it’s not too late to get started! With the surge in homeschooling over the past decade (61.8% increase according to the US Dept. of Education1), there are more resources available to homeschool families now than ever. It’s merely a matter of learning what you need to know quickly and tapping into those resources.
And that’s where I come in.
Let my twelve years of home education experience serve you by giving your homeschool journey a jumpstart! Through my consultation services, I can accelerate your homeschool start-up by pointing you to all the resources you need. My homeschool start-up consultation includes:
- a 30 minute phone or video call where I get to know you and your family’s personalities, needs, learning preferences, goals for the year, etc.
- a personalized homeschool report, which will include homeschool laws specific to your state, homeschool methods, curriculum options and recommended assessments
- a detailed checklist of items to consider as you prepare and plan for your homeschool, such as supplies, schedule and schoolroom setup
- a final 30 minute phone call where we will review the document together, giving you an opportunity to ask any questions you have
And for those who want to ensure that their homeschool experience remains productive and positive, I offer ongoing consultating services throughout the year to keep you on track. I will
- meet with you for 30 minutes via video or phone, followed by an email with notes from our time together
- discuss curriculum challenges, troubleshoot learning difficulties, classroom dynamics, and suggest additional resources needed
- provide reviews of curriculum
- supply tips on how to incorporate the arts and physical education into homeschooling
- offer ideas for active learning through field trips and various hands-on resources
My consulting services combined with my free weekly newsletter and Facebook homeschool support group, are sure to get your homeschool journey off to a great start this year. If you would like to learn more, click HERE to visit my Homeschool Consultaton page. I look forward to partnering with you in this adventure of life-long learning as a family!
YOUR TURN: In the comments below, share your biggest concerns about homeschooling this year. What homeschool topics would you like to hear more about on my blog or weekly newsletter?